Thursday, August 11, 2016

You are my inspiration.

Oh no! Not another Lyme sufferer offering up all the horrible experiences they have living with Chronic Lyme disease! Umm...well, yeah...kind of...but not only that; I need to document for others so they do not feel alone, and also record for myself since my memory and cognitive functions are slipping away.

I'm new at this blogging thing. Yes, a late bloomer. I started a blog once before for business, but I couldn't concentrate enough to do it justice. I hope I can do better for A Journey In Lyme.

I am dedicating everything I do to the hundreds of thousands of invisible illness sufferers around the world. Actually, more like over a million, but who's counting? The CDC certainly isn't.

What I do in advocacy and creating awareness is a drop in the bucket compared to many of the true, brave warriors who tirelessly seek to educate and support the masses.

You are my inspiration. This is why I named my awareness products fundraising campaign, Inspired By You. I was so touched by all the heartbreaking stories of pain, isolation, indifference and financial ruin. I was amazed at the strength, determination, friendship and sharing of information so many generously offered. 

I was in the midst of yet another cruel, painful bedridden "flare-up" nearly two years ago.  I used pillows under my hands so I could text and scroll through Facebook. There I found thousands of others with the same exact symptoms I suffered on and off over the years. How could this be? So many people as sick as I am, yet none of us have validation or medical support or effective definitive treatment? 

Unable to leave my home or barely make it to the bathroom at the time, Facebook became my only real interaction with the world. My new friends. Although ill for over thirty years, this became my new world. My new normal.

I have much to say. I have much to share. I have many to thank.

I will falter, I will complain, I will want to give up. I will brush myself off and get back up again...and again. And so will you.

9 comments:

  1. All stories are valuable and validated. As many as possible to show how disturbingly common this is becoming.

    Cudos

    ReplyDelete
  2. All stories are valuable and validated. As many as possible to show how disturbingly common this is becoming.

    Cudos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosie, you are inspiring! A true warrior friend! ๐Ÿ’š ๐Ÿ’œ ๐Ÿ’š ๐Ÿ’œ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As the mother of a beautiful daughter who suffers from the horrible disease, I suffer watching her and others. You are a true warrior and inspiration Rosie. Than you for your courage and unselfishness to share your journey, knowledge, humor and strength. We all will fight this together. ๐Ÿ’šTerry/Sheila

      Delete